Friday, February 27, 2009

Not your mother's knitting

Chicks with sticks...ahem what?
Knitting with balls...hmmm
happy hooker?
Yarn ho?
Bag whore?
Stitch and Bitch?

What is going on? Have I come to the right place? I am here to knit....Oh, you do that here? Magic what? Ravelry-do you mean revelry, no, ravelry, oh.

I feel like a freshman at college being initiated into a fraternity. Everything is new and different and I am curious, confused, scared and excited. Luckily, my hazing has simply consisted of having to learn crazy new lingo in order to understand a word people are saying, and a rude-ish owner of a LYS.
I feel lucky to be part of this inclusive club and and am going to work on my magic loop now at my stich and bitch with some chicks with sticks, yarn hoes and bag whores. Maybe a happy hooker or two will show up and say YO. I hope some knitters with balls show up at some point.
Casting off~ Julz

No comments:

Post a Comment