Friday, September 2, 2011

It's Everywhere!!!!! Day Two of Plastic Awareness

If we are friends on Facebook, you know that I am trying to avoid "stupid use" plastic. When I say "stupid use" I mean things that are used once and then tossed out or "recycled"-which is something I will talk about later. Day one went well. Day two went fine also except I got a flat tire and had to pay a disposal fee for the old tire and I wondered why it wasn't repairable and where it would end up. I envisioned taking it home and making a tire swing, and then I thought about how dirty it must be and ended up letting the tire place toss it for me.

Another challenge on day two was that my reusable coffee mug from dunks leaked! It leaked a lot. Granted, it is old, but seriously? I was bummed! Another bummer was the amount of packaging Burts Bees uses for their products. I was going to buy some at sears (on sale while my tire was being fixed) but the package had cardboard and plastic on the outside and more plastic on the inside.
Day Two- Bought nothing but a new tire (ohhh that is a lot of product isn't it?) Used my Sigg water bottle with tap water
bought a coffee from dunks and had them put it in my own (leaky) mug

No comments:

Post a Comment